For the Truffle Cheese Sauce
- 28g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar, grated
- 1/2 black summer truffle, optional
- Salt to taste, if not using truffles I recommend using truffle salt
For the Lamb Burger
- 4-6 burger buns
- 4-6 lamb burger patties, can be substituted with beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb mix
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Micro herb salad leaves or other salad leaves, for garnish
For the Truffle Cheese Sauce1. If using black truffles, grate around ¾ of the truffle into the grated Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar Cheese, then set aside.
2. Add the Kerrygold Original Irish Butter, truffle oil and flour to a small saucepan and place on medium-low heat.
3. As the butter starts to melt, whisk to combine. Start adding the milk, a little at a time, whisking continuously, until all the milk is incorporated. Let the mixture cook for a couple of minutes, stirring regularly. Start adding the milk, a little at a time, whisking continuously, until all the milk is incorporated.
4. Next, add the grated Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar (including truffle if using), and stir continuously until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
5. Season with salt/truffle salt. Remove from the heat and serve immediately. Shave or grate some extra black truffle over the top if using.
For the Lamb Burger1. Cook the lamb burger patties in a lightly oiled pan for approx. 4 – 5 minutes a side (depending on their size).
2. Add the olive oil, mushrooms, garlic, herbs and seasoning to a pan and sauté over medium heat until the mushrooms start to get colour and soften. Remove and set aside.
3. Slice the buns in half. Use as-is or toast them in the oven, cut sides up, for 8 minutes at 180°C. Once toasted, spread the cut sides of the buns with Kerrygold Butter Spread then assemble your burgers.
4. Place the micro herb salad leaves or other salad leaves on the bottom bun, layer with the mushrooms, and then place the burger patty on top. Add a generous amount of sauce to the patty, then grate over some additional black truffle if using.
5. Add the top of the bun on top and serve.
Recipe alternatives using the same truffle cheese sauce can be found on the blog: www.myhomemadekitchen.co.za
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Heart Tart with Raspberry Cream
For the Dough Mix the flour together with the egg, butter and vanilla...
Sticky Toffee Pudding
Recipe by: Lorraine Maharaj (@tamarindnthyme) Preh...
Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur Cheesecake
For the Crust 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. 2. In a s...
Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce
A sweet tooth is not a weakness. It’s a gift. Especially when you’re armed w...
Chocolate Macaroon Cake
Recipe by: Landi Govender (@thetockablog) For the Cake...