- 40g salted butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 790g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 300g breadcrumbs
- 100ml chicken or turkey stock
- 40g dried cranberries
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°F or Gas Mark 4.
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat and add butter and melt. Stir in the bacon and cook for two minutes then add the onions, celery and garlic and cook for another three minutes. Stir in the sweet potatoes and maple syrup, and cook for a further three minutes.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a roasting dish, followed by the pecans, dried cranberries, chicken or turkey stock and fresh thyme leaves, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer all the other ingredients from the saucepan to the roasting dish and mix until all the ingredients are combined. Then put the roasting dish in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pink Ombre Rosette Cake
Despite its showstopping appearance, this gorgeous ombré cake is actually quite...
Rasberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Home Sweet Home is all the sweeter with freshly baked Victorian sponge cake. Tra...
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Irish Butter
A roast leg of lamb is delicious any time of the year. Add some real Irish butte...
Irish Colcannon Shepherd’s Pie
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a large saute pan ov...