- 6 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter, divided
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 100g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- A squeeze of lemon
- Fresh garlic chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a pan and saute the onions for 5 minutes. Add the rice and 4 garlic cloves and cook for a further minute or two.
2. Season with mixed herbs and some pepper. If using wine, add-in now. Otherwise, start gradually adding the stock, starting with 1 cup.
3. Continue stirring the rice to ensure it does not stick to the pan and allow it to soak up all the stock before adding more. Continue to gradually add stock until it is done. Adjust the seasoning only after you've added all your stock.
4. Once the risotto is done you can fold in the cheese and chopped chives.
5. In a separate pan, prepare the mushrooms with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the remaining clove of garlic. Saute for 8-10 minutes and add the spinach at the last minute.
6. Either mix the mushroom and spinach into the risotto mixture or add on the top. Drizzle over freshly squeezed lemon juice and serve warm.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chilli Butter Poached Prawns
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
American Style Pizza
For the Dough Put the water, sugar and yeast in a bowl and stir until...
Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a cupcake tray with paper cases....
St. Patrick’s Day Double Chocolate Muffins with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Muffins Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat and line a...
Kerrygold Carnival Cookies
1. Put the butter together with the sugar and the vanilla extract in a mixing bo...
A simple but effective baking idea this Halloween, get creative for the perfect...