Sides & Nibbles
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
- 6 tablespoons polenta
- 100g freshly grated parmesan
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2kg parsnips, quartered and core removed
- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty flavour!
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Mix together the polenta, Parmesan, nutmeg and a good grinding of black pepper and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil, then tip in the parsnips and cook for 6 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and then while the parsnips are still hot, toss with the Parmesan mixture to coat.
- Set a large roasting tin over the hop and melt the butter.
- Add the parsnips and quickly turn to coat in the melted butter.
- Put the tin in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then turn the parsnips over and cook for another 20 minutes or so until cooked through and golden.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Hot Cross Buns with Salted Caramel Sauce
Recipe by Thabitha Makwakwa (@thabitha_chef) For the Hot Cross B...
Asparagus Tarte Flambee with Cheddar
1. Prepare the Dough Crumble the yeast and dissolve i...
Strawberry Cheesecake Truffles
Recipe by Landi Govender (@thetockablog) Mix the digestive b...
Better Butter Chicken
Recipe by: Somayya Jhaveri (@somzzj_keto)...
Baked Peaches and Raspberries
By Rozanne Stevens This is...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
Serves 1 loaf
Great shortcake never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserve...