- 450g Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
For the fig chutney:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 175g (1 cup) ready-to-eat dried figs, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 120ml (½ cup) red grape juice
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- French baguette and green salad, to serve
- To make the chutney, heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the red onions, then cook for 10 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in the apple, figs, balsamic vinegar, grape juice, sugar and thyme until well combined. Cook for about 10 minutes until slightly reduced and thickened, stirring occasionally. Season to taste. Blend in a food processor for 1-2 minutes until smooth, then leave to cool completely. Store in an airtight container and use as required.
- At least a half an hour before you are ready to serve, remove the cheese from the fridge and its packaging. Cut into four even-sized wedges and arrange on plates or small wooden boards with small bowls of the fig chutney, chunks of French baguette and small mounds of green salad to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Steamed Fragrant Rice
This recipe uses basmati rice, the undisputed queen of rice. It actually triples...
Mussels Cooked with Cream, Chorizo, Garlic and Flat-Leaf Parsley
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Start by prepping the mu...
This ultimate sprinkles birthday cake with buttercream frosting is simply a drea...
Kerrygold Dubliner Potato Bake
Recipe by: Natasha Marais (@dinewithtasha) 1. Preheat the o...
Cape Malay Koesisters
Recipe by Cariema Issacs...
Kerrygold Basic Breakfast Sticky Buns
The possibilities for variations are endless, but the one constant is a great st...