For the cakes:
- 1 cup (230 gm) room temperature Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup (200 gm) sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (270 gm) cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the filling and whipped topping:
- ½ cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 6 ounces (170 gm) cream cheese, at cool room temperature
- ¾ cup (150 gm) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups (360 gm) heavy whipping cream
- Fresh strawberries, quartered for garnish
When ready to frost and serve, use a paring knife to core out the center of each cake. Fill a piping bag with the jam and pipe jam into the center of each cake. Set aside while you prepare your topping.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the extract and salt. Slowly drizzle the cream into the bowl while the mixer is on and whip until stiff peaks form. Fill a piping bag with the topping and pipe on top of each cake, covering the jam filling completely. Top with quartered strawberries just before serving. Enjoy at a cool room temperature but store in the fridge.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
St. Patrick’s Day Double Chocolate Muffins with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Muffins Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat and line a...
Place all the ingredients, except the water in a bowl, and quickly process i...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...
Spinach & Feta Pie
This is a great vegetarian option that should suit all of the family. Traditiona...
This recipe makes perfectly crisp gingerbread house that will have everyone gasp...