For the cakes:
- 1 cup (230 gm) room temperature Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup (200 gm) sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (270 gm) cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the filling and whipped topping:
- ½ cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 6 ounces (170 gm) cream cheese, at cool room temperature
- ¾ cup (150 gm) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups (360 gm) heavy whipping cream
- Fresh strawberries, quartered for garnish
When ready to frost and serve, use a paring knife to core out the center of each cake. Fill a piping bag with the jam and pipe jam into the center of each cake. Set aside while you prepare your topping.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the extract and salt. Slowly drizzle the cream into the bowl while the mixer is on and whip until stiff peaks form. Fill a piping bag with the topping and pipe on top of each cake, covering the jam filling completely. Top with quartered strawberries just before serving. Enjoy at a cool room temperature but store in the fridge.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mussels Cooked with Cream, Chorizo, Garlic and Flat-Leaf Parsley
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Start by prepping the mu...
Kerrygold Garlic, Butter & Mushroom Risotto
Recipe by: Imtiyaaz Hart (@imtiyaazhart) 1...
Cheddar Quesadillas with Flank Steak and Chimichurri
It is best to prepare the chimichurri one to two days in advance. To do this, ch...
Winter Beef Casserole With Herby Potato Dumplings
Beef Casserole Method Preheat the oven to 140°C or Gas Mark 2. Place...
This recipe has certainly stood the test of time and is ideal if you’ve got a...