For the cakes:
- 1 cup (230 gm) room temperature Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup (200 gm) sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (270 gm) cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the filling and whipped topping:
- ½ cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 6 ounces (170 gm) cream cheese, at cool room temperature
- ¾ cup (150 gm) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups (360 gm) heavy whipping cream
- Fresh strawberries, quartered for garnish
When ready to frost and serve, use a paring knife to core out the center of each cake. Fill a piping bag with the jam and pipe jam into the center of each cake. Set aside while you prepare your topping.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the extract and salt. Slowly drizzle the cream into the bowl while the mixer is on and whip until stiff peaks form. Fill a piping bag with the topping and pipe on top of each cake, covering the jam filling completely. Top with quartered strawberries just before serving. Enjoy at a cool room temperature but store in the fridge.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chilli Butter Poached Prawns
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
White Chocolate Blood Orange Cheesecake Tarts
To prepare the blood orange jam: Peel, slice and seed the bl...
Chewy Salted Caramel Cookies
Did you know that you’re just 15 minutes aw...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Creamy Filo Chicken and Leek Pie
Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly butter a 20cm x 15cm pie dish....
Pumpkin Fritters with Salted Caramel Sauce
For the Fritters Combine all the ingredients and mix until you have a...