- Carefully rinse the edible flowers and set aside to dry.
- Add the softened butter, castor sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest to a large bowl. Cream together with an electric or stand mixer for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Stir the flour and cornflour together, then add gradually to the creamed mixture. Mix until just combined (do not overmix).
- Bring the dough together with your hands and divide into two flat discs. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Working with 1 disc of dough at a time, roll out on a lightly floured surface to 3mm thick. Use a fluted round cutter (approx. 6cm in diameter) to cut the dough into rounds and carefully place onto the lined baking tray. Repeat this process with the remaining dough.
- Bake each tray for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven. Brush the back of the flowers with egg white, then press onto the shortbread making sure it is well-stuck. Bake for a further 2-4 minutes, until the cookies are turning golden.
- Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This recipe has certainly stood the test of time and is ideal if you’ve got a...
Farmette’s Fine Fettle Flapjacks
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Irish Christmas Cake
In Preparation Dice the dates and halve the cocktail cherries. Put thi...
Enchiladas with Minced Meat Filling
1. Peel the onion and garlic and dice both finely. Finely dice the chilli pepper...
Christmas Brownies with Cranberries and Mixed Spice
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30x20cm baking tin with...
Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
If you’re crazy about salted caramel, you will love this indulgent dessert rec...