- Carefully rinse the edible flowers and set aside to dry.
- Add the softened butter, castor sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest to a large bowl. Cream together with an electric or stand mixer for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Stir the flour and cornflour together, then add gradually to the creamed mixture. Mix until just combined (do not overmix).
- Bring the dough together with your hands and divide into two flat discs. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Working with 1 disc of dough at a time, roll out on a lightly floured surface to 3mm thick. Use a fluted round cutter (approx. 6cm in diameter) to cut the dough into rounds and carefully place onto the lined baking tray. Repeat this process with the remaining dough.
- Bake each tray for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven. Brush the back of the flowers with egg white, then press onto the shortbread making sure it is well-stuck. Bake for a further 2-4 minutes, until the cookies are turning golden.
- Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...
This is a really tasty way of serving fish and one that all of the family is sur...
Steamed Fragrant Rice
This recipe uses basmati rice, the undisputed queen of rice. It actually triples...
Braised Red Cabbage
The easiest way to cut the red cabbage and onions is on a Japanese mandolin but...