Homemade Brioche Burger Buns
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 300ml warm water
- 20g instant dry yeast
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 75g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter, melted
- 3 cups all-purpose/cake flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds for sprinkling, optional
Pork & Apple Burger Patties
- 500g pork mince, or pork bangers removed from casings
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 tbsp bavarian style mustard
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Butter lettuce or other salad leaves, for garnish
For the Homemade Brioche Burger Buns1. Add the sugar to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Add the warm water (not hot), then sprinkle over the yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the egg and melted Kerrygold Original Irish Butter and mix well.
3. Sift in the flour and salt then mix well.
4. Then knead on a lightly floured surface (or with the dough hook in your stand mixer) for around 5 minutes until a smooth dough forms (If the dough is too sticky, add more flour, a little at a time).
5. Cut the dough into 8 pieces and shape it into smooth balls. Grease a baking tray with non-stick cooking spray and place the dough balls onto the tray, leaving space between them to rise.
6. Lightly cover the dough with a clean tea towel and place in a warm, draft-free spot for 40 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
8. Make an egg wash by whisking an egg with a dash of water. When the buns have doubled in size, brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds if using.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
10. Let cool on the tray for around 5 minutes, then move to a wire cooling rack to cool further.
For the Pork & Apple Burger Patties1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 – 6 equal portions (depending on the size of patties you want). Shape each patty by hand or place each in a lined burger press to shape.
3. Cook on a lightly oiled pan on medium-high for 4 – 5 minutes per side.
For the Assembly1. Slice the buns in half. Use as-is or toast them in the oven, cut sides up, for 8 minutes at 180°C.
2. Once toasted, spread the cut sides of the buns with Kerrygold Butter Spread then assemble your burgers.
3. Place the butter lettuce or other salad leaves on the bottom bun, then place the burger patty on top.
4. Use a peeler to cut ribbons of granny smith apple, then place the crunchy apple ribbons on the patty.
5. Place the top of the bun on the burger and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Serve on the homemade brioche burger buns with butter lettuce, crunchy apply ribbons
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Farmette’s Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Dill Caper Compound Butter for Fish
This is a fantastic little treasure to have in the fridge to brighten up vegetab...
Truffle Cheese Sauce Lamb Burger
Recipe by: Vanessa Vermaan (@my_homemade_kitchen_za) For...
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit of...
Chicken Tikka Breyani
Combine the chicken with yoghurt and spices and allow to marinate for at lea...