- 275g (20 tbsp) - at room temperature - Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 300g (1½ cups) light brown sugar
- 200g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 450g (22/3 cups) plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 300g (2 cups) milk chocolate, cut into chunks
- Place the butter and sugar in a freestanding mixer or a bowl using a hand-held an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Break in the eggs, one at a time and then add the vanilla
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and then using a large metal spoon to fold them in until well combined. Add the chocolate and mix again until just
- Bring the dough together and split in half. Place each half on a piece of cling film and roll up to form a thick sausage shape, twisting the ends to secure. Place in the fridge overnight to rest and firm up.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas mark 4. Unwrap each piece of dough and cut each one into 12 even slices. Arrange on a parchment lined large baking sheets well-spaced apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and slightly pale in the centre. Leave the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheets and then transfer to a wire rack and set aside until
- To serve, arrange the double chocolate chip cookies on a large plate and hand around to
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
Mini Chocolate Christmas Puddings
Recipe by Donal Skehan A brilliant alternative t...
Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a cupcake tray with paper cases....
Chilli Butter Poached Prawns
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...