- 275g (20 tbsp) - at room temperature - Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 300g (1½ cups) light brown sugar
- 200g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 450g (22/3 cups) plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 300g (2 cups) milk chocolate, cut into chunks
- Place the butter and sugar in a freestanding mixer or a bowl using a hand-held an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Break in the eggs, one at a time and then add the vanilla
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and then using a large metal spoon to fold them in until well combined. Add the chocolate and mix again until just
- Bring the dough together and split in half. Place each half on a piece of cling film and roll up to form a thick sausage shape, twisting the ends to secure. Place in the fridge overnight to rest and firm up.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas mark 4. Unwrap each piece of dough and cut each one into 12 even slices. Arrange on a parchment lined large baking sheets well-spaced apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and slightly pale in the centre. Leave the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheets and then transfer to a wire rack and set aside until
- To serve, arrange the double chocolate chip cookies on a large plate and hand around to
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
Gnocchi and Cheese Casserole
1. Peel the onion and garlic and dice both finely. Heat up the butter in a sauce...
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...