- 275g (20 tbsp) - at room temperature - Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 300g (1½ cups) light brown sugar
- 200g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 450g (22/3 cups) plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 300g (2 cups) milk chocolate, cut into chunks
- Place the butter and sugar in a freestanding mixer or a bowl using a hand-held an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Break in the eggs, one at a time and then add the vanilla
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and then using a large metal spoon to fold them in until well combined. Add the chocolate and mix again until just
- Bring the dough together and split in half. Place each half on a piece of cling film and roll up to form a thick sausage shape, twisting the ends to secure. Place in the fridge overnight to rest and firm up.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas mark 4. Unwrap each piece of dough and cut each one into 12 even slices. Arrange on a parchment lined large baking sheets well-spaced apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and slightly pale in the centre. Leave the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheets and then transfer to a wire rack and set aside until
- To serve, arrange the double chocolate chip cookies on a large plate and hand around to
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Dill Caper Compound Butter for Fish
This is a fantastic little treasure to have in the fridge to brighten up vegetab...
Ribeye Steak with Grilled Asparagus, Corn Salad & Herb Butter Baguette
1. Wash the asparagus, cut off the lower ends and cut into oblique pieces. Blanc...
Bread and Butter Pudding with Ginger, Cinnamon and Dark Chocolate
Recipe by John Burger Preheat the oven to 180°C...
Rosemary & Maple Syrup Butter
To make the butter, chop the rosemary leaves very finely and add to a smal...
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Line baking sheets with grease-proof paper. Now sift the flour an...