- 275g (20 tbsp) - at room temperature - Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 300g (1½ cups) light brown sugar
- 200g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 450g (22/3 cups) plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 300g (2 cups) milk chocolate, cut into chunks
- Place the butter and sugar in a freestanding mixer or a bowl using a hand-held an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Break in the eggs, one at a time and then add the vanilla
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and then using a large metal spoon to fold them in until well combined. Add the chocolate and mix again until just
- Bring the dough together and split in half. Place each half on a piece of cling film and roll up to form a thick sausage shape, twisting the ends to secure. Place in the fridge overnight to rest and firm up.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas mark 4. Unwrap each piece of dough and cut each one into 12 even slices. Arrange on a parchment lined large baking sheets well-spaced apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and slightly pale in the centre. Leave the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheets and then transfer to a wire rack and set aside until
- To serve, arrange the double chocolate chip cookies on a large plate and hand around to
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This recipe makes perfectly crisp gingerbread house that will have everyone gasp...
For the Brownies Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius, and line a 9...
Bacon and Cheese Puff Pastry Sticks
Take the puff pastry out of the refrigerator and allow it to reach room temperat...
Jerk Buttered Cauliflower with Watermelon Salad
Recipe by Anina's Recipes...
Salted Caramel Sauce
To make the caramel sauce, place the butter, sugar, and golden syrup into a sauc...
Crispy Tuna Melt Triangles
This is a great recipe that can be made when there is nothing much in the fridge...