- 225g (1 cup) dried macaroni
- 225g (1 cup) crème fraîche
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150g (1 cup) small broccoli florets
- 100g (1 cup) finely grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- 225g (1 cup) cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly dressed green salad and ciabatta bread, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas mark 4. Cook the macaroni in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until just ‘al dente’ (tender but still firm to the bite).
- Place the crème fraîche in a bowl and beat in the egg yolks and mustard, then season to taste. Blanch the broccoli in a pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute until almost tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Stir in the crème fraîche mixture with the cheese, then gently fold in the cherry tomatoes and blanched broccoli. Season to taste.
- Tip the macaroni mixture into an ovenproof dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Serve the cheese and tomato macaroni with broccoli straight from the dish with a large bowl of salad and some slices of ciabatta bread to hand around separately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Strawberry Cheesecake Truffles
Recipe by Landi Govender (@thetockablog) Mix the digestive b...
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Recipe by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) For the Cupcakes Prehe...
Pasta with Prawns in Lemon Butter Sauce
Bring the pasta water to a boil. In the meantime, peel and finely dice the onion...
Rosemary & Maple Syrup Butter
To make the butter, chop the rosemary leaves very finely and add to a smal...
LEEKS WRAPPED IN PARMA HAM
This is a great way of making a delicious sauce without having to go to the trou...