- 225g (1 cup) dried macaroni
- 225g (1 cup) crème fraîche
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150g (1 cup) small broccoli florets
- 100g (1 cup) finely grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- 225g (1 cup) cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly dressed green salad and ciabatta bread, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas mark 4. Cook the macaroni in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until just ‘al dente’ (tender but still firm to the bite).
- Place the crème fraîche in a bowl and beat in the egg yolks and mustard, then season to taste. Blanch the broccoli in a pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute until almost tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Stir in the crème fraîche mixture with the cheese, then gently fold in the cherry tomatoes and blanched broccoli. Season to taste.
- Tip the macaroni mixture into an ovenproof dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Serve the cheese and tomato macaroni with broccoli straight from the dish with a large bowl of salad and some slices of ciabatta bread to hand around separately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Rustic Raspberry Tart with Butter Crust
The buttery crust makes a luscious frame for fresh raspberries. Serve with van...
Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms with cheese
45 minutes is a long time to cook garlic but when you taste the resulting purée...
Dill Caper Compound Butter for Fish
This is a fantastic little treasure to have in the fridge to brighten up vegetab...
Chocolate Orange Biscotti
METHOD Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Beat toge...