- For the Roast Pork:
- 200g/7oz cooking apples, diced
- 30 fresh blackberries
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 40g/1.5oz breadcrumbs
- 50g/2oz melted Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 1.5kg/53oz boneless loin of pork
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- For the Apple Sauce:
- 400g/14oz cooking apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 20 fresh blackberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 50g/1.5oz Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 100ml/3.5 floz water
- 1 spring fresh rosemary
- For the Apple Crisps:
- 2 cooking apples
- 50g/1.5oz ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas mark 7.
- In a large bowl combine apples, blackberries, onion, fresh rosemary, breadcrumbs, melted butter. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Butterfly the pork loin by making a slit down its length, cutting just deep enough so that the loin opens up to lie flat like a book. Do not cut all the way through.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture and spread evenly onto the meat. Close up the loin and, using strings, tie at even intervals so it assumes its original shape. Push in any stuffing that escapes from the ends.
- Rub the joint all over with salt and pepper and place in a roasting tray. Cook for 25 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4 and cook for 20 minutes per 450g.
- For the apple jus - put the apples, blackberries, sugar and butter in a pan. Cover and cook gently, stirring every so often, for 15-20 minutes, until the apples start to breakdown. Once the pork is cooked, pour about 100ml of the cooking juices into the apples and stir.
- To make the apple crisps, core the apples and slice very thin slices through the middle of the apple (1-2mm thick). Dust with cinnamon and lay flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180oC for 45 minutes for one hour, turning halfway through and removing any crisps that have turned brown. Continue cooking until the apples have dried out and are light golden.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
BAKED SMOKED MACKEREL OMELETTE WITH MELTED CHEESE
Paul Flynn's baked smoked mackerel omelette serves 2. Preheat...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
Chocolate Hazelnut Eclairs
Chocolate eclairs, an all-time classic with a twist - roasted hazelnuts add a lo...
Pan Fried sea bream
To watch Christine Walsh cook the tasty sea bream dish, click...