- For the Roast Pork:
- 200g/7oz cooking apples, diced
- 30 fresh blackberries
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 40g/1.5oz breadcrumbs
- 50g/2oz melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1.5kg/53oz boneless loin of pork
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- For the Apple Sauce:
- 400g/14oz cooking apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 20 fresh blackberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 50g/1.5oz Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 100ml/3.5 floz water
- 1 spring fresh rosemary
- For the Apple Crisps:
- 2 cooking apples
- 50g/1.5oz ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas mark 7.
- In a large bowl combine apples, blackberries, onion, fresh rosemary, breadcrumbs, melted butter. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Butterfly the pork loin by making a slit down its length, cutting just deep enough so that the loin opens up to lie flat like a book. Do not cut all the way through.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture and spread evenly onto the meat. Close up the loin and, using strings, tie at even intervals so it assumes its original shape. Push in any stuffing that escapes from the ends.
- Rub the joint all over with salt and pepper and place in a roasting tray. Cook for 25 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4 and cook for 20 minutes per 450g.
- For the apple jus - put the apples, blackberries, sugar and butter in a pan. Cover and cook gently, stirring every so often, for 15-20 minutes, until the apples start to breakdown. Once the pork is cooked, pour about 100ml of the cooking juices into the apples and stir.
- To make the apple crisps, core the apples and slice very thin slices through the middle of the apple (1-2mm thick). Dust with cinnamon and lay flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180oC for 45 minutes for one hour, turning halfway through and removing any crisps that have turned brown. Continue cooking until the apples have dried out and are light golden.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Easy One Tray Chicken Dinner
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...
Herb & Chilli Butter on BBQ Prawns
Butter is one of the most versatile and widely used ingredients by chefs all ove...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
Eton Mess No Bake Cheesecake
Eton Mess has long been a family favourite when it comes to desserts. Try our...
Farmette’s Fine Fettle Flapjacks
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...