- 150g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 227g
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbs Ras al Hanout spice mix
- 2 large onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 boned and rolled shoulder of lamb (1.5 kg approx)
- Salt and pepper
- 200mls water
- For the Cous Cous:
- 750ml chicken stock
- 2 tbs Rasal Hanout spice blend
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 red onion, peeled and very finely diced
- 100g dried apricots , thinly sliced
- A small bunch of mint, picked and chopped
- A bunch of Coriander, chopped
- 100g flaked almonds, toasted
- Salt and black pepper
- For the yoghurt dressing:
- 300mls natural yoghurt
- 2 tbs mint jelly
Preheat the oven to 160C Fan.
- Mix the butter, lemon , garlic and ras al hanout together and rub into the lamb then season.
- Put the onions in a roasting tray then sit the lamb on top.
- Add the water to the tray then cover tightly with foil.
- Cook for 2 hours 45 minutes then remove the foil.
- Turn the oven up to 185 deg, baste the lamb and continue to cook for a further 30 minutes until crisp but tender.
- Cover once more to rest.
- Put the Cous Cous in a bowl then heat up the stock with the ras al hanout and the chilli flakes.
- Add the onion and apricots to the cous cous and pour over the stock.
- Cover the bowl tightly with clingfilm and allow to sit for ten minutes to allow the grains to plump up.
- Remove the clingfilm then fork through the cous cous to loosen the grains and make them fluffy.
- Add the chopped herbs, almonds, salt and pepper and it’s ready to serve .
- Put the lamb on a chopping board, pull roughly into shreds.
- Place in a bowl then strain any roasting juices on top, season and keep warm.
- Whisk the yoghurt and the mint jelly together, serve the lamb on top of the cous cous with a little mint yoghurt on top.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Linguine with Prawns
Starring in our Memories in the Making TV advert, this simple easy dish is on...
Garlic and Cheese toasties
Mash the garlic with a little sea salt on a board until it becomes a...
Toast the bread until golden then spread generously with Kerrygold...
Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Method Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6. Heat the o...