- Preheat the oven to 190°C and place an upturned oven tray in the oven to heat.
- Melt the butter and brush evenly over the inside bottom and sides of the soufflé dishes, then put 2 tablespoons sugar in the first buttered dish and rotate until completely coated. Tip the excess into the next dish and repeat with the remaining dishes.
- Put the warm crème patisserie into a mixing bowl, add the egg yolks and Grand Marnier and whisk well together.
- Whisk the egg whites at medium speed to a soft peak in a spotlessly clean bowl, then add the sugar and lemon juice, increase the speed and beat for a few more seconds until just firm but not too stiff. This will give the soufflé a wonderful melting texture.
- Mix 1/3 of the beaten egg white into the warm pastry cream mixture just for a few seconds until smooth. Then carefully fold in the remaining egg whites with large circular movements until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Fill the soufflé dishes right to the top, smooth the surface with a spatula or palate knife. Run a clean thumb around the edge of the dish to get a 'top hat' effect.
- Dust with icing sugar and place the dishes well apart on the preheated baking sheet in the fully preheated oven. Bake for 12-13 minutes until well risen and with a shiny and caramelized top.
- Remove the cooked soufflés and serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
BBQ Shrimp and Grits
Tip: Light up the barbeque approximately one hour before grilling, this will...
Coconut Frosted Banana Bread
1. Preheat your oven to 165°c and lightly butter, flour and line a cake tin....
BAKED PEARS with Pecans & Maple Syrup
This dessert is just perfect for a cold autumn day. It can be served with war...
Easy One Tray Chicken Dinner
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...
Garlic-Butter Fried Chicken
Melt your butter and add it to a shall...
Baked mackerel with pancetta
Mackerel and pancetta. An unlikely pair but an inspired idea. Pancetta is Italia...