SPRING ONION POTATO CAKES
- 500g potatoes
- 100g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 50g plain flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 100g breadcrumbs
- Rapeseed oil and Kerrygold Butter for frying
- Begin by boiling the potatoes until soft. Next, mash the potatoes with the Kerrygold salted butter, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the spring onions and leave until cool enough to handle.
- Once cool enough, shape the mashed potato into patties. You can pop them in the fridge to set a little before being bread crumbed.
- In three separate containers, add flour into one, egg into another and the breadcrumbs into the third.
- Take one patty and dredge in the flour, followed by the egg and finally the bread crumbs.
- Warm the oil and butter in a shallow frying pan and carefully place 3 patties in and fry each side until golden brown.
- Serve with crispy bacon and a poached egg for a breakfast treat.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Eton Mess No Bake Cheesecake
Eton Mess has long been a family favorite when it comes to desserts. Try our twi...
In a large heavy bottomed saucepan heat the butter over a medium hea...
Chilli Butter Poached Prawns
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND IRISH BUTTER
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious an...
Serves 6 - 8
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...
Halloween Meatball Mummies
Shane Smith's Meatball Mummies recipe makes 8. Preheat the oven to...