- For the Cookies:
- 2 eggs (M)
- 70g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g oatmeal
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 150g melted and cooled Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 50g plain flour
- For the Filling:
- 300g dark chocolate couverture
- 200g whipped cream
- 20g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- To Decorate:
- Mini marshmallows
- Food colour pencil or melted chocolate
- Start with the cream. Finely chop the chocolate and place in a bowl with the butter. Bring the cream to a boil briefly in a pot, remove immediately from the heat and pour over the chocolate and butter. Let stand for about 2 minutes and then stir until combined.
- Cover the cream, keep at room temperature.
- In the meantime, place the eggs together with the sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl and beat with food processor or hand mixer for a few minutes until it’s thick creamy.
- Now add the oatmeal, coconut and the melted butter and stir.
- Incorporate the flour. Cover the dough and let it rise for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and prepare a sheet of baking paper.
- Evenly divide the dough with an ice cream scoop and place on the baking sheet. Press lightly with moistened fingers and then bake for approx. 12-16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Beat the cream with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes and then pour it into a piping bag. Put 1 tablespoon of the cream in a small bowl and hold it back.
- Sprinkle a cookie with cream and put on a second cookie as a lid. Lightly press the almond sticks into the chocolate cream as teeth.
- Paint the marshmallows either with a food coloring pencil or with melted chocolate. Fix with the cream on top.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet of the puff p...
SUMMER PASTA BAKE
Pre-heat your oven 200C Place a saucepan of water over a...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
Cauliflower and St. Tola fritters
For the Fritters: Mash up the cauliflower, then add in the eggs, ch...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...