- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using a mixer, beat the Kerrygold Butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Introduce the golden syrup and egg yolk to the butter and sugar mixture and blend well.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, bread soda and spices) and sift into the bowl and blend until the mixture starts to resemble breadcrumbs.
- With your hands, shape the dough in to a ball. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for approx. 30 minutes before using.
- On a lightly floured surface, thinly roll out dough and use gingerbread man cutters to cut out shapes. Place on an oven tray lined with a baking sheet leaving a space between each.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly risen and golden in colour. Transfer to a wire tray for cooling.
- Once completely cool, decorate as you please!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Victoria sponge cake
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius Cream the butter...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce
A sweet tooth is not a weakness. It’s a gift. Especially when you’re armed w...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
PANCAKES WITH SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
Salted caramel has been popping up in recipes a lot lately, but have you ever tr...
EASY ONE TRAY CHICKEN DINNER
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...