- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using a mixer, beat the Kerrygold Butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Introduce the golden syrup and egg yolk to the butter and sugar mixture and blend well.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, bread soda and spices) and sift into the bowl and blend until the mixture starts to resemble breadcrumbs.
- With your hands, shape the dough in to a ball. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for approx. 30 minutes before using.
- On a lightly floured surface, thinly roll out dough and use gingerbread man cutters to cut out shapes. Place on an oven tray lined with a baking sheet leaving a space between each.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly risen and golden in colour. Transfer to a wire tray for cooling.
- Once completely cool, decorate as you please!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Spaghetti with Kale Pesto
Bring two saucepans of water up to a boil with a pinch of sea salt....
Coconut Frosted Banana Bread
Preheat your oven to 165°c and lightly butter, flour and line a cak...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
SUMMER PASTA BAKE
Pre-heat your oven 200C Place a saucepan of water over a...