- 300g risotto rice
- 1L hot vegetable stock
- 50ml white wine
- 100g frozen petit pois
- 100g sugar snap peas, coarsely chopped
- 100g baby courgettes, coarsely chopped
- 100g kale, washed and coarsely chopped
- 2 banana shallots, finely slices
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 50g cubed Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 50g fresh parmesan, finely grated
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat half of the butter and the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the shallots and sweat down without colouring. Once soft, add the garlic and the rice and stir to coat. Add the white wine and stir until completely absorbed by the rice.
- Add a ladle of hot stock at a time and stir continuously until completely absorbed before adding another. Repeat until all the stock has been used.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of lightly salted water to a boil and add all of the green vegetables. Blanche for 3 minutes before adding to the rice.
- Once the rice is tender add the parmesan and butter to the pan and stir thoroughly.
- Serve immediately garnishing with the fresh mint and parmesan.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
Valentine Raspberry Hearts
For the Dough: Preheat the oven to 180 °C For the doug...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (a...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...
SUMMER PASTA BAKE
Pre-heat your oven 200C Place a saucepan of water over a...