- 1kg Brussel Sprouts
- 4 rindless smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 25g pecan halves, roughly chopped
- A good knob of Kerrygold butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the brussel sprouts and blanch in a pan of boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or until just tender. Check by piercing with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Drain and cool quickly under cold running water, then cut each one in half.
- The blanched sprouts can now be put into a large zip-lock bag and kept in the fridge until needed.
- When almost ready to serve, heat the butter in a saute pan and saute the bacon until crisp and golden.
- Add the pecan halves to the same pan and saute for a couple of minutes until lightly toasted and sizzling.
- Add the butter to the saute pan and tip in the blanched brussel sprouts, then saute over a medium heat until warmed through.
- Season to taste and tip in the bacon and pecans and toss again briefly, then tip into a warmed serving bowl.
- Cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven until needed.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Kerrygold Mince Pies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
YELLOW CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
These classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting are fun and easy to...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...