- 1kg Brussel Sprouts
- 4 rindless smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 25g pecan halves, roughly chopped
- A good knob of Kerrygold butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the brussel sprouts and blanch in a pan of boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or until just tender. Check by piercing with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Drain and cool quickly under cold running water, then cut each one in half.
- The blanched sprouts can now be put into a large zip-lock bag and kept in the fridge until needed.
- When almost ready to serve, heat the butter in a saute pan and saute the bacon until crisp and golden.
- Add the pecan halves to the same pan and saute for a couple of minutes until lightly toasted and sizzling.
- Add the butter to the saute pan and tip in the blanched brussel sprouts, then saute over a medium heat until warmed through.
- Season to taste and tip in the bacon and pecans and toss again briefly, then tip into a warmed serving bowl.
- Cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven until needed.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Christmas Brownies with Cranberries and Mixed Spice
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm baking tin wit...
SUMMER PASTA BAKE
Pre-heat your oven 200C Place a saucepan of water over a...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
YELLOW CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
These classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting are fun and easy to...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...