- 1kg Brussel Sprouts
- 4 rindless smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 25g pecan halves, roughly chopped
- A good knob of Kerrygold butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the brussel sprouts and blanch in a pan of boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or until just tender. Check by piercing with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Drain and cool quickly under cold running water, then cut each one in half.
- The blanched sprouts can now be put into a large zip-lock bag and kept in the fridge until needed.
- When almost ready to serve, heat the butter in a saute pan and saute the bacon until crisp and golden.
- Add the pecan halves to the same pan and saute for a couple of minutes until lightly toasted and sizzling.
- Add the butter to the saute pan and tip in the blanched brussel sprouts, then saute over a medium heat until warmed through.
- Season to taste and tip in the bacon and pecans and toss again briefly, then tip into a warmed serving bowl.
- Cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven until needed.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH PEAS, RADISHES AND MINT
Place the potatoes in a saucepan half filled with water and add 1 ta...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Christmassy Cookie Butter Truffles
Get creative this festive season with the ideal Christmas gift for loved ones!...
LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND IRISH BUTTER
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious an...
Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms with cheese
45 minutes is a long time to cook garlic but when you taste the resulting purée...
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...