- 1kg Brussel Sprouts
- 4 rindless smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 25g pecan halves, roughly chopped
- A good knob of Kerrygold butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the brussel sprouts and blanch in a pan of boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or until just tender. Check by piercing with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Drain and cool quickly under cold running water, then cut each one in half.
- The blanched sprouts can now be put into a large zip-lock bag and kept in the fridge until needed.
- When almost ready to serve, heat the butter in a saute pan and saute the bacon until crisp and golden.
- Add the pecan halves to the same pan and saute for a couple of minutes until lightly toasted and sizzling.
- Add the butter to the saute pan and tip in the blanched brussel sprouts, then saute over a medium heat until warmed through.
- Season to taste and tip in the bacon and pecans and toss again briefly, then tip into a warmed serving bowl.
- Cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven until needed.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
This is a great way to ensure that your brussel sprouts end up perfectly cooked....
CHOCOLATE AND BLUEBERRY CAKE
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, add the eggs and milk and w...
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform p...
SPICY SAN MARZANO TOMATO AND BUTTER SAUCE PIZZA
For the pizza dough: Mix the yeast and water together...
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with cheese
Our national treasure deserves a revival every now and again. Looking back to by...