- 1kg Brussel Sprouts
- 4 rindless smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 25g pecan halves, roughly chopped
- A good knob of Kerrygold butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the brussel sprouts and blanch in a pan of boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or until just tender. Check by piercing with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Drain and cool quickly under cold running water, then cut each one in half.
- The blanched sprouts can now be put into a large zip-lock bag and kept in the fridge until needed.
- When almost ready to serve, heat the butter in a saute pan and saute the bacon until crisp and golden.
- Add the pecan halves to the same pan and saute for a couple of minutes until lightly toasted and sizzling.
- Add the butter to the saute pan and tip in the blanched brussel sprouts, then saute over a medium heat until warmed through.
- Season to taste and tip in the bacon and pecans and toss again briefly, then tip into a warmed serving bowl.
- Cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven until needed.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
ROSEMARY, CRANBERRY AND CLEMENTINE BUTTER
METHOD: 1. Cream together the butter with all of the ingredients using the ba...
Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms with cheese
45 minutes is a long time to cook garlic but when you taste the resulting purée...
Kerrygold Chicken Wings
Preparation time: 15 minutes Baking time: approx. 40-55 minutes Pr...
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with cheese
Our national treasure deserves a revival every now and again. Looking back to by...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....