- For the Fish:
- 500g fish fillet, e.g. cod
- 125g plain flour
- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 Eggs (M)
- 125ml beer
- Salt & pepper
- For the cucumber and radish salad:
- 4 mini cucumbers or half a regular cucumber
- 6-8 radishes
- 150g crème fraîche
- 2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- For Cooking & Serving:
- 500ml vegetable oil for cooking
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Chips for serving
- or the beer batter, put the flour together with the beer, the egg yolks and some salt and pepper in a bowl and stir with the whisk to a smooth batter.
- Melt the butter and let it cool for a few minutes, beat the egg whites until stiff. In the meantime, let the batter swell.
- Now stir the butter into the batter, fold in the egg whites and set aside.
- Now heat the oil in a narrow, high saucepan to approx. 160 ° C.
- Heat your oven to 100c.
- Pat the fish dry and cut into large chunks.
- As soon as the oil is hot enough, dip your fish pieces into the beer batter to coat and taking great care and using a metal slotted spoon or spider add to the hot oil. Only cook 3 to 4 pieces of fish at a time.
- Fry for 6-8 mins, depending on the thickness of the fish, until golden and crisp.
- Remove carefully with slotted spoon or spider, drain on kitchen paper and then add to oven to keep warm.
- Wash, cut the cucumbers lengthways into fine strips using a peeler. Slice the radishes.
- Put both together in a bowl.
- Mix the crème fraîche with the vinegar, season with salt and pepper, add to the salad and mix thoroughly.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
KERRYGOLD EASTER TRAYBAKE
To begin, place the butter and the chocolate in h...
Chocolate Hazelnut Eclairs
Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/425 ̊F/Gas Mark 7 and line two large ba...
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH PEAS, RADISHES AND MINT
Place the potatoes in a saucepan half filled with water and add 1 ta...
If you're entertaining guests this Halloween then try out these deliciously crea...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...