- For the Fish:
- 500g fish fillet, e.g. cod
- 125g plain flour
- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 Eggs (M)
- 125ml beer
- Salt & pepper
- For the cucumber and radish salad:
- 4 mini cucumbers or half a regular cucumber
- 6-8 radishes
- 150g crème fraîche
- 2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- For Cooking & Serving:
- 500ml vegetable oil for cooking
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Chips for serving
- or the beer batter, put the flour together with the beer, the egg yolks and some salt and pepper in a bowl and stir with the whisk to a smooth batter.
- Melt the butter and let it cool for a few minutes, beat the egg whites until stiff. In the meantime, let the batter swell.
- Now stir the butter into the batter, fold in the egg whites and set aside.
- Now heat the oil in a narrow, high saucepan to approx. 160 ° C.
- Heat your oven to 100c.
- Pat the fish dry and cut into large chunks.
- As soon as the oil is hot enough, dip your fish pieces into the beer batter to coat and taking great care and using a metal slotted spoon or spider add to the hot oil. Only cook 3 to 4 pieces of fish at a time.
- Fry for 6-8 mins, depending on the thickness of the fish, until golden and crisp.
- Remove carefully with slotted spoon or spider, drain on kitchen paper and then add to oven to keep warm.
- Wash, cut the cucumbers lengthways into fine strips using a peeler. Slice the radishes.
- Put both together in a bowl.
- Mix the crème fraîche with the vinegar, season with salt and pepper, add to the salad and mix thoroughly.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Coconut Frosted Banana Bread
Preheat your oven to 165°c and lightly butter, flour and line a cak...
Cauliflower and St. Tola fritters
For the Fritters: Mash up the cauliflower, then add in the eggs, ch...
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rillettes make a ravis...