- 200g pasta shells
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed
- 12 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 lemon, zest
- 56g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 100g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- Sea salt & Freshly ground black pepper
2. Place a saucepan of water over high heat and bring to a boil, season with sea salt. When the water is boiling, reduced to simmer and stir in the pasta shells. After five minutes, when the pasta is still al dente, remove from the heat and drain the pasta.
3. Place a skillet or frying pan over a medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil, follow by adding the garlic and onions and cook for three minutes. Then add the eggplant and cook for an additional three minutes.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, capers and pasta and mix until all the ingredients have combined in the pan.
5. Mix together the finely grated cheddar, chopped almonds, melted butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the pasta until it's completely covered.
6. Put the pasta into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is bubbling and crispy.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chicken, Spinach and Pesto Wrap
Place wrap on chopping board. Spread pesto on a wrap with the back of a spoo...
Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas 6 Heat the oil in a frying pan,...
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Today, try out something new and brown your Kerrygold butter before using it. Th...
White Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Tarts
For the Blood Orange Jam Peel, slice and deseed the blood oranges bein...