- 3oz (75g) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 large chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 8 scallions (or peeled whole shallots)
- 16 cherry tomatoes (left on their vines if possible)
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 16 baby potatoes, washed
- 1 cup of white wine (optional)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 sprig flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/Gas 4.
- Place a casserole dish over a medium heat and add half the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, sear the chicken pieces skin side down until lightly browned and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the casserole dish and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter to the dish and continue to sear the rest of the vegetables, excluding the potatoes, until lightly browned. Then return the seared chicken to the pot and add the baby potatoes.
- Pour in the white wine and simmer for 5 minutes, allowing the alcohol to evaporate. Adding the wine is optional but does give a beautiful flavour.
- Whisk together the chicken stock, lemon (zest and juice), mustard and honey. Pour into the chicken casserole. Slice up the leftover lemon, and add to the dish.
- Lastly stir in the herbs and cover. Transfer the casserole to the pre-heated oven for 1 hour and a half.
- I like to present this casserole in its dish, in the centre of the table, and serve my family and friends at the table to create a relaxed atmosphere. You can serve this with a fresh green salad or green beans.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Cheese Sauce Made With Kerrygold Cheddar Cheese
Method: Combine 1/4 cup milk and flour in a saucepan, stir with a...
Butter Chicken Masala
Much of the unique flavour of this curry depends on using the best quality butte...
Peach Berry Crumble
The fresh fruits of summer do the heavy lifting in this easy Peach Berry Crumble...
Barbecue Potato Kebabs with Harissa Herb Butter Dip
Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for about 30 minutes. If ne...
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit of...