- 3oz (75g) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 large chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 8 scallions (or peeled whole shallots)
- 16 cherry tomatoes (left on their vines if possible)
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 16 baby potatoes, washed
- 1 cup of white wine (optional)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 sprig flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/Gas 4.
- Place a casserole dish over a medium heat and add half the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, sear the chicken pieces skin side down until lightly browned and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the casserole dish and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter to the dish and continue to sear the rest of the vegetables, excluding the potatoes, until lightly browned. Then return the seared chicken to the pot and add the baby potatoes.
- Pour in the white wine and simmer for 5 minutes, allowing the alcohol to evaporate. Adding the wine is optional but does give a beautiful flavour.
- Whisk together the chicken stock, lemon (zest and juice), mustard and honey. Pour into the chicken casserole. Slice up the leftover lemon, and add to the dish.
- Lastly stir in the herbs and cover. Transfer the casserole to the pre-heated oven for 1 hour and a half.
- I like to present this casserole in its dish, in the centre of the table, and serve my family and friends at the table to create a relaxed atmosphere. You can serve this with a fresh green salad or green beans.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Summer Pasta Bake
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Pre-heat your oven to 22...
This recipe makes special little fairy cakes, ideal for parties or visiting chil...
Persian Chicken Kebabs
The best flat bread to serve this with is lavash, which is readily available fro...
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
This rich and decadent cheesecake makes for an indulgent ending to a special mea...