- 1 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 1 tsp garlic and chili masala
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 500g mixed seafood
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, canned
- 2 1/2 cup seafood/chicken stock (keep extra in case)
- 1 cup paella rice (short grain rice will also work)
1. In a large pan add in the Kerrygold butter and, once it has melted, add in the garlic and chili masala (you can make this by combining 3 cloves of garlic and 1-2 red chilis with a mortar and pestle).
2. Once that becomes fragrant, add in the bay leaf and the rest of the spices and stir to combine.
3. Now add in your seafood mix. Once the seafood begins to cook through, about 10 minutes after you've added it, add in the tomato and stock and stir.
4. Turn the heat up to medium-high until boiling then, reduce the heat to medium and add in the rice.
5. The rice will take about 30 minutes to cook through, if you find some pieces that are hard and uncooked, add in another 1/3 cup of stock until you are happy.
6. Cook with the lid off to allow the liquid to reduce and the rice to cook fully. Stir every five minutes to avoid the rice burning.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked Ratatouille with Dubliner Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. 2. Preheat a skillet over medium...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Winter Beef Casserole With Herby Potato Dumplings
Beef Casserole Method Preheat the oven to 140°C or Gas Mark 2. Place...
Cheesy Chicken Roulade
Recipe by: @ataleofsauceandspice For the Creamy Mash Pota...
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...