- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g (8 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp soft thyme leaves
- 450g chicken livers, well cleaned and trimmed
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (from a can or jar, drained)
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rocket leaves and crostini (thin slices of French baguette baked until crisp), to serve
- Heat the oil and 25g (2 tbsp) of the butter in a non-stick frying pan until foaming.
- Add the onion, garlic and thyme and gently fry for about 5 minutes until the onion has softened but not coloured.
- Increase the heat and add the chicken livers. Fry for 4-5 minutes, turning constantly until lightly golden but still pink in the middle.
- Tip the contents of the pan into a food processor and then return the pan to the heat.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir vigorously to release any juices.
- Allow to reduce by half and then tip into the food processor with the anchovy fillets, capers, parsley and seasoning, then pulse until it is almost smooth but still has a bit of texture.
- Leave the chicken liver pâté to cool completely, then spoon into individual ramekins.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a pan or in the microwave, leave to settle, then use to cover each ramekin of pâté, leaving the sediment behind.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight is best.
- Remove the chicken liver pâté ramekins from the fridge 30 minutes before you want to serve them.
- Place each ramekin on a plate and add a small pile of the rocket leaves to one side, then arrange a stack of crostini on each plate to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Basic Breakfast Sticky Buns
The possibilities for variations are endless, but the one constant is a great st...
Gingerbread with Glaze
For the Gingerbread Put the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and...
Take the puff pastry out of the refrigerator and let it come to room tempera...
Kerrygold Pancake Cereal
1. Start by putting the flour, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bow...
West Coast Crayfish with Curried Citrus Butter
Recipe by Rozanne Stevens (...
Summer Potato Salad with Peas & Radishes
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Place the potatoes in a...