- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g (8 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp soft thyme leaves
- 450g chicken livers, well cleaned and trimmed
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (from a can or jar, drained)
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rocket leaves and crostini (thin slices of French baguette baked until crisp), to serve
- Heat the oil and 25g (2 tbsp) of the butter in a non-stick frying pan until foaming.
- Add the onion, garlic and thyme and gently fry for about 5 minutes until the onion has softened but not coloured.
- Increase the heat and add the chicken livers. Fry for 4-5 minutes, turning constantly until lightly golden but still pink in the middle.
- Tip the contents of the pan into a food processor and then return the pan to the heat.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir vigorously to release any juices.
- Allow to reduce by half and then tip into the food processor with the anchovy fillets, capers, parsley and seasoning, then pulse until it is almost smooth but still has a bit of texture.
- Leave the chicken liver pâté to cool completely, then spoon into individual ramekins.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a pan or in the microwave, leave to settle, then use to cover each ramekin of pâté, leaving the sediment behind.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight is best.
- Remove the chicken liver pâté ramekins from the fridge 30 minutes before you want to serve them.
- Place each ramekin on a plate and add a small pile of the rocket leaves to one side, then arrange a stack of crostini on each plate to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Spicy Butter Chicken
Recipe by Shirley Shannon This family favourite, fro...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Butter Chicken Masala
Much of the unique flavour of this curry depends on using the best quality butte...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Caper Sauce
Don’t make reservations! Eat your special meal at home with these elegant Pan...
Christmas Cake in a Mug
Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until mel...