- Preheat oven to 180°C, Gas mark 4. Line 2 bun tins with 24 paper cases. Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy, either with a hand-held electric mixer or in a freestanding mixer.
- Gradually add the eggs, mixing well after each addition and adding a teaspoon of the flour if the mixture starts to curdle. Fold in the flour until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, filling each one halfway full. Bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden brown. A skewer should come out clean when pushed into the middle of a cake.
- Remove the fairy cakes from the bun tins and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add enough of the water to make a smooth paste. Spoon the icing over the cooled fairy cakes and while the icing is still wet decorate with assorted sweets and sprinkles.
- To serve, arrange the decorated fairy cakes on a cake stand and watch the faces light up as you bring it to the table!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Stuffed Onion Chicken Breast with Herb Butter Onion Chutney
Peel the onions and cut them into fine strips. Chop the garlic finely. Melt...
Heirloom Tomato Cheddar Tart
Celebrate the bounty of summer produce when you layer pesto, white cheddar chees...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Celebration Chocolate Cake
This cake is a very special treat and is great for all manner of occasions. If y...
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...