- Preheat oven to 180°C, Gas mark 4. Line 2 bun tins with 24 paper cases. Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy, either with a hand-held electric mixer or in a freestanding mixer.
- Gradually add the eggs, mixing well after each addition and adding a teaspoon of the flour if the mixture starts to curdle. Fold in the flour until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, filling each one halfway full. Bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden brown. A skewer should come out clean when pushed into the middle of a cake.
- Remove the fairy cakes from the bun tins and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add enough of the water to make a smooth paste. Spoon the icing over the cooled fairy cakes and while the icing is still wet decorate with assorted sweets and sprinkles.
- To serve, arrange the decorated fairy cakes on a cake stand and watch the faces light up as you bring it to the table!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Chorizo Burger Recipe
1. Prepare the grill for approximately 200°C direct and indirect heat....
Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Dip
Place the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl and mix until lig...
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rittetes make a ravish...
Kerrygold Umfino Pap & Hearty Beef Stew
Recipe by: Thabitha Makwakwa (@thabitha_chef) For the Umf...
Irish Apple Tart by Shane McMahon
Grease a round cake tin (24cm in diameter) with some Kerrygold Butter....
Chocolate and Orange Hot Cross Bun Bake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. 2. Spread the Kerrygold butter and mar...