- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4. Prep a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Then put to one side to cool.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda to a freestanding mixer with the paddle attached and let the machine do the work on a low speed. Alternatively, use a bowl and handheld mixer.
- Pour the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract into the flour mixture and beat together until it combines nicely.
- Add the melted but cooled butter and beat until the butter has just been incorporated. Then turn up to the tempo to a medium speed and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries until evenly dispersed. Divide up the muffin mixture among the paper cases, filling each one two-thirds full and bake for 20 minutes or until they turn that perfect golden brown colour. There’s a little trick to test muffins. If the muffin bounces back when touched, it’s perfect. Not convinced? Insert a skewer into the middle and it should come out clean.
- To serve, wrap up in greaseproof paper for picnics and packed lunches or arrange in a pyramid on the table and see how long they last.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Brandy Snap Cannolis with Vanilla Buttercream
For the Brandy Snaps: 1. In a pot set over medium heat combine the but...
Spicy Butter Chicken
Recipe by Shirley Shannon This family favourite, fro...
Cranberry & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
A decadent twist on the classic hot cross bun recipe made with juicy cranberries...
Butter Chicken Bunny Chow
Recipe by: Imtiyaaz Hart (@imtiyaazhart) For the Marinade...
American Style Pizza
For the Dough Put the water, sugar and yeast in a bowl and stir until...
Vintage Cheddar Burger with Fried Onions
Cut open the burger buns and coat he two cut surfaces with soft Kerrygold bu...