- 20 large asparagus spears
- 20 thin sliced pancetta (Italian streaky bacon)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- For the lemon butter sauce
- 120ml (4fl oz) ( ½ cup) cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 25g (1oz) (2 tbsp), diced and at room temperature Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the asparagus spears and then blanch in a pan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes until almost tender but still with a slight bite.
- Drain the asparagus spears and quickly refresh under cold water, then pat dry on kitchen paper. Wrap each asparagus spear in a slice of pancetta and arrange on a plate. Drizzle with the olive oil and season to taste.
- To make the lemon butter sauce, place the cream and mustard in a small pan and whisk for 1 minute. Whisk in the butter, cornflour and lemon juice, then continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the chives and season to taste. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until very hot. Add the wrapped asparagus spears and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp and lightly golden, turning regularly.
- To serve, arrange the griddled asparagus on warmed plates and spoon over the lemon butter sauce.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
CHOCOLATE AND BLUEBERRY CAKE
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
Rory O’ Connell’s Dried Fig, Date, Almond, Pistachio and Chocolate Cake
Rory O'Connell's delicious dried fig, date, almond, pistachio and chocolate cake...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...