- 8 breakfast sausages (turkey or pork)
- 2 6"x 6" puff pastry sheets
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Yellow mustard
- Flour for dusting
- On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet of the puff pastry until it's half of its thickness and about double in size.
- Using a pizza wheel or pastry cutter, slice the dough into 1/2 inch-wide strips.
- Using your finger or a pastry brush, lightly wet one side of each strip with ice water (this will help the pasty strips stick to each other as you roll and bake).
- With the wet side of the dough facing out, wrap a strip of pastry around each sausage in a candy cane pattern. As you get near the top of the sausage, leave a gap in the pastry pattern to make room for the mummy's eyes. If a single pastry strip isn't long enough, just continue with one of the other strips.
- Repeat steps above until you've made all eight mummies.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Place the mummies with their faces upward on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Leave 2cm of space between each mummy.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the mummy's bandages are golden brown.
- Remove mummies from the oven and allow them to cool for about 3 minutes.
- To make the mummy eyes, dip the tip of a knife or the end of a chopstick into a dab of mustard and carefully dollop tiny eyes in the space you reserved for the face. If you're very gentle and careful, you could also try adding a nose or a mouth.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Peanut butter brownies
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F Butter and line a 9...
Shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
Hibernate through the winter with a classic dish that never gets old-fashioned....