- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Sear and brown the lamb shanks in a large frying pan with olive oil.
- Lightly coat the shanks with excess oil and spice (salt, pepper and ginger).
- Allow the lamb shanks to rest for approximately 20 minutes.
- While the shanks are resting, pour the cider/ale and orange juice into a cast iron roasting pot (preferably cast iron). Slice the butter into strips and add this to the pot. Add the sliced orange to the pot.
- Neatly place the seared shanks into the mixture and coat with olive oil.
- Cover the shanks with wax paper.
- Place in an oven preheated to 200°C for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, reduce the heat to 150°C and roast for 2 hours.
- Remove the shanks and allow to rest before serving.
- Place all the remaining juice in a saucepan and reduce until thick and pourable.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
This recipe makes perfectly crisp gingerbread house that will have everyone gasp...
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Line baking sheets with grease-proof paper. Now sift the flour an...
Grilled Salmon with Lemon & Herb Butter Sauce
For the Sauce Melt the Kerrygold Garlic & Herb butter in a pan...
Easy, delicious, simple, and the next hit for...