- 450g dried spaghetti
- 25g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 175g (1 cup) pancetta or streaky bacon lardons
- 2 eggs
- 120ml (½ cup) cream
- 100g (1 cup) finely grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Plunge the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water, stir once and cook for 10-12 minutes until ‘al dente’ (tender but still firm to the bite).
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured. Stir in the pancetta or bacon and cook for another 2-3 minutes until sizzling and lightly golden.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the cream, two-thirds of the Aged Cheddar and the parsley. Season to taste and lightly whisk to combine.
- Drain the spaghetti and return back to the hot pan. Quickly pour in the egg mixture and toss well to combine with the crispy bacon mixture; the heat from the spaghetti will cook the eggs.
- To serve, divide the pasta carbonara among wide- rimmed bowls and scatter the remaining Aged Cheddar on top with the parsley.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Irish Colcannon Shepherd’s Pie
This Irish Colcannon Shepherd’s Pie is a mash up of two Irish favorites – Co...
Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
If you’re crazy about salted caramel, you will love this indulgent dessert rec...
Eton Mess No Bake Cheesecake
Eton Mess has long been a family favourite when it comes to desserts. Try our tw...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Flatbread with Kerrygold Cheddar, Apples and Bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Top the naan crust with t...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...