- 450g dried spaghetti
- 25g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 175g (1 cup) pancetta or streaky bacon lardons
- 2 eggs
- 120ml (½ cup) cream
- 100g (1 cup) finely grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Plunge the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water, stir once and cook for 10-12 minutes until ‘al dente’ (tender but still firm to the bite).
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured. Stir in the pancetta or bacon and cook for another 2-3 minutes until sizzling and lightly golden.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the cream, two-thirds of the Aged Cheddar and the parsley. Season to taste and lightly whisk to combine.
- Drain the spaghetti and return back to the hot pan. Quickly pour in the egg mixture and toss well to combine with the crispy bacon mixture; the heat from the spaghetti will cook the eggs.
- To serve, divide the pasta carbonara among wide- rimmed bowls and scatter the remaining Aged Cheddar on top with the parsley.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...
Kerrygold Basic Breakfast Sticky Buns
The possibilities for variations are endless, but the one constant is a great st...
Salted Caramel Sauce
To make the caramel sauce, place the butter, sugar, and golden syrup into a sauc...
Dill Caper Compound Butter for Fish
This is a fantastic little treasure to have in the fridge to brighten up vegetab...