- 450g dried spaghetti
- 25g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 175g (1 cup) pancetta or streaky bacon lardons
- 2 eggs
- 120ml (½ cup) cream
- 100g (1 cup) finely grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Plunge the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water, stir once and cook for 10-12 minutes until ‘al dente’ (tender but still firm to the bite).
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured. Stir in the pancetta or bacon and cook for another 2-3 minutes until sizzling and lightly golden.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the cream, two-thirds of the Aged Cheddar and the parsley. Season to taste and lightly whisk to combine.
- Drain the spaghetti and return back to the hot pan. Quickly pour in the egg mixture and toss well to combine with the crispy bacon mixture; the heat from the spaghetti will cook the eggs.
- To serve, divide the pasta carbonara among wide- rimmed bowls and scatter the remaining Aged Cheddar on top with the parsley.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Peach Berry Crumble
The fresh fruits of summer do the heavy lifting in this easy Peach Berry Crumble...
Chicken, Spinach and Pesto Wrap
Place wrap on chopping board. Spread pesto on a wrap with the back of a spoo...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...
Kabsa is an ancient rice dish that is traditionally served mostly in the Middle...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...