- 450g dried spaghetti
- 25g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 175g (1 cup) pancetta or streaky bacon lardons
- 2 eggs
- 120ml (½ cup) cream
- 100g (1 cup) finely grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Plunge the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water, stir once and cook for 10-12 minutes until ‘al dente’ (tender but still firm to the bite).
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured. Stir in the pancetta or bacon and cook for another 2-3 minutes until sizzling and lightly golden.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the cream, two-thirds of the Aged Cheddar and the parsley. Season to taste and lightly whisk to combine.
- Drain the spaghetti and return back to the hot pan. Quickly pour in the egg mixture and toss well to combine with the crispy bacon mixture; the heat from the spaghetti will cook the eggs.
- To serve, divide the pasta carbonara among wide- rimmed bowls and scatter the remaining Aged Cheddar on top with the parsley.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Lemon Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
Preheat the oven to 180° and grease a 15cm round cake pan....
Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and sauté the onion for 3...
Christmas Brownies with Cranberries and Mixed Spice
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30x20cm baking tin with...
Asparagus Quiche with Strawberries
For the Base Rub the butter and flour finely with your fingers. Add wa...
Carrot Cake with Orange Blossom Frosting
Preheat the oven to 180°C and oil and line a 13 x 23cm loaf tin wit...