- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 4 spring onions or scallions, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 x 100g haddock fillets, skinned and boned
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- buttered green beans and peas, to serve
- 100g Kerrygold mild red cheddar
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds, then finely dice the flesh and place in a bowl. Finely dice the Cheddar and add to the bowl with the spring onions or scallions, then just bind with the mayonnaise. Season to taste.
- Preheat the grill to high. Arrange the haddock fillets on a non-stick baking sheet and season lightly, then place under the grill for 4-6 minutes until almost tender. This will depend on the thickness of the fillet. Quickly spread the mayonnaise mixture on top and cook for another 2 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- To serve, arrange the cheesy-grilled haddock fillets on warmed plates with the buttered green beans and peas.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Perfect Rosemary Roast Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas Mark 6. Cut the potato...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
These classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting are fun and easy to...
Chocolate Hazelnut Eclairs
Chocolate eclairs, an all-time classic with a twist - roasted hazelnuts add a lo...
Bread and Butter Pudding with Ginger, Cinnamon and Dark Chocolate
Recipe by John Burger Preheat the oven to 180°C...
One Pot Summer Chicken Casserole
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Pre-heat the oven to 350...