- For the cake
- 350g whole wheat flour
- 200g (melted & cooled) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 250g ground almonds
- 1tsp baking soda
- 250g sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 300g carrots, grated
- 4 eggs (M)
- For the icing
- 100g icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice or water
- 75g pistachios, chopped
- 12 marzipan carrots for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform pan. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and then let it cool.
- Put the flour, almonds, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, salt and lemon zest in a bowl and stir thoroughly with a whisk.
- Now separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add egg yolks, butter, lemon juice and grated carrots to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until all the ingredients are moist. The dough is then still relatively heavy.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into finished dough.
- Pour the dough into the prepared baking dish, smooth it out and bake it on the middle shelf for about 45-55 minutes. Don't forget the stick test!
- Take the finished cake out of the oven and let cool in the tin for about 15 minutes. Then remove from the mould and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar with the water or lemon juice and pour over the cake. Decorate with chopped pistachios and marzipan carrots.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
Hibernate through the winter with a classic dish that never gets old-fashioned....
Kerrygold Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform p...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
Easy Roast Lamb
This recipe by Paul Flynn is an adaptation of a classic French recipe. The lamb...
Irish stew hot-pot
Cold Winter evenings, a peat fire and pot of stew. This recipe is a right of pas...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...