- For the Lamb:
- 1 Leg of Lamb (1.8 /2kg)
- 2kg bag of Rooster potatoes (washed peeled and sliced)
- 1 Small Turnip (Peeled & thinly sliced)
- 125g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Springs of Thyme - Picked
- 500 mls of Chicken Stock
- 330 mls. of Cider
- Salt & Pepper
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tbs, of English Mustard
- 1 tbs. Mint Jelly or Mint Sauce
- 250mls of Cream
- Set your oven to 180 deg.
- Place the potatoes, turnips and onions into a roasting tray with the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Turn all together, making sure it’s mostly potatoes on top – flattened to make a base for the lamb. Add the cider and the stock
- Place the lamb on top, drizzle the butter over the lamb and the vegetables.
- Cover tightly with tin-foil and place in the oven to cook for one hour.
- Remove the foil, flatten the potatoes gently once more and put back in the oven to crispen and brown for 50 minutes. This will give you lovely pink lamb.
- Remove from the oven – cover with foil again and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and serve at room temperature
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...
Kerrygold Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform p...
Cranberry & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
A decadent twist on the classic hot cross bun recipe made with juicy cranberries...
Shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
Hibernate through the winter with a classic dish that never gets old-fashioned....
Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms with cheese
45 minutes is a long time to cook garlic but when you taste the resulting purée...