- For the Lamb:
- 1 Leg of Lamb (1.8 /2kg)
- 2kg bag of Rooster potatoes (washed peeled and sliced)
- 1 Small Turnip (Peeled & thinly sliced)
- 125g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Springs of Thyme - Picked
- 500 mls of Chicken Stock
- 330 mls. of Cider
- Salt & Pepper
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tbs, of English Mustard
- 1 tbs. Mint Jelly or Mint Sauce
- 250mls of Cream
- Set your oven to 180 deg.
- Place the potatoes, turnips and onions into a roasting tray with the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Turn all together, making sure it’s mostly potatoes on top – flattened to make a base for the lamb. Add the cider and the stock
- Place the lamb on top, drizzle the butter over the lamb and the vegetables.
- Cover tightly with tin-foil and place in the oven to cook for one hour.
- Remove the foil, flatten the potatoes gently once more and put back in the oven to crispen and brown for 50 minutes. This will give you lovely pink lamb.
- Remove from the oven – cover with foil again and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and serve at room temperature
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
Cajun Potato Wedges
Perfect for a party or barbecue, this spicy appetizer will keep peckish guests h...
Easy Roast Lamb
This recipe by Paul Flynn is an adaptation of a classic French recipe. The lamb...
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
This impressive but simple chocolate cake ticks all the boxes for Easter enterta...
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...