- For the Lamb:
- 1 Leg of Lamb (1.8 /2kg)
- 2kg bag of Rooster potatoes (washed peeled and sliced)
- 1 Small Turnip (Peeled & thinly sliced)
- 125g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Springs of Thyme - Picked
- 500 mls of Chicken Stock
- 330 mls. of Cider
- Salt & Pepper
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tbs, of English Mustard
- 1 tbs. Mint Jelly or Mint Sauce
- 250mls of Cream
- Set your oven to 180 deg.
- Place the potatoes, turnips and onions into a roasting tray with the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Turn all together, making sure it’s mostly potatoes on top – flattened to make a base for the lamb. Add the cider and the stock
- Place the lamb on top, drizzle the butter over the lamb and the vegetables.
- Cover tightly with tin-foil and place in the oven to cook for one hour.
- Remove the foil, flatten the potatoes gently once more and put back in the oven to crispen and brown for 50 minutes. This will give you lovely pink lamb.
- Remove from the oven – cover with foil again and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and serve at room temperature
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
This impressive but simple chocolate cake ticks all the boxes for Easter enterta...
PRAWNS AND LINGUINE
Starring in our Memories in the Making TV advert, this simple easy dish is one t...
Easy Roast Lamb
This recipe by Paul Flynn is an adaptation of a classic French recipe. The lamb...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Grilled Peaches with Pistachio brittle & Greek yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sh...
Rasberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Home Sweet Home is all the sweeter with freshly baked Victorian sponge cake. Tra...