- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6.
- Grease an ovenproof dish large enough to fit the pears in a single layer.
- Peel the pears and then cut each one in half and using a teaspoon scoop out the cores.
- Toss in the lemon juice to prevent them from going brown.
- Place the butter in a bowl and beat in the pecan nuts.
- Use the mixture to fill the cavities of the pear halves.
- Drizzle over the golden or maple syrup, or honey and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pears are softened and the sauce at the bottom of the dish is bubbling.
- To serve, arrange the baked pear halves on plates and spoon over any cooking sauces. Add a scoop of ice cream or drizzle warm custard over each one.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
Hibernate through the winter with a classic dish that never gets old-fashioned....
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
Pumpkin risotto with sage
They say the measure of a chef can be determined by a mastery of the fundamental...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Cajun Potato Wedges
Perfect for a party or barbecue, this spicy appetizer will keep peckish guests h...
Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce
A sweet tooth is not a weakness. It’s a gift. Especially when you’re armed w...