- Remove the stalks and place the apples in a bowl of boiling water, remove and pat dry – this rinses off the wax and helps the caramel to stick.
- Pierce the top of the apple and insert a lollipop stick in to each.
- Prepare a tray lined with parchment paper to place the apples once coated.
- To make the caramel, heat the pan and add the sugar and water over a moderate heat
- Once dissolved, stir in the vinegar, syrup and butter.
- Bring to a boil and cook without stirring until it reaches hard-crack stage (138C) – to test this take a bowl of cold water and take a tiny spoon of the boiling caramel and drop in to the water. If it hardens on impact then it is ready. This should take around 10 minutes boiling time.
- Once the toffee is ready, turn off heat and immediately dip each apple into the hot toffee, turning it around in the syrup so that each one is fully coated.
- Immediately after, dip the coated apples into a bowl of nibbed hazelnuts or other toppings of your choice to decorate.
- Leave to cool and harden before serving.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
pan fried sea bream
Start the sauce first. Add you wine, shallots, bay leaf and thyme in...
Shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
Hibernate through the winter with a classic dish that never gets old-fashioned....
CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES WITH MAPLE KERRYGOLD BUTTER
For the maple butter, whip 50ml of the maple syrup and butter togeth...
ROSEMARY, CRANBERRY AND CLEMENTINE BUTTER
METHOD: 1. Cream together the butter with all of the ingredients using the ba...
EASY ONE TRAY CHICKEN DINNER
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (a...