For the pancake batter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 150ml whole milk
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 or 2 apples
For the caramel sauce
- 100g sugar
- 100ml cream
- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Fresh berries (eg blueberries or strawberries)
- Make the pancake batter by beating the egg with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Melt the butter and stir in the milk. Sieve the flour over the mixture and mix well. Leave the batter to rest.
- Peel the apples and remove cores with an apple corer. Slice into rings.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on the stove. Melt some butter in the pan and pour in some batter using a ladle to make a small pancake. Lay a slice of apple in the batter. When the edges of the pancake have browned, flip the pancake. Repeat until all the batter has been used and set the pancakes aside.
- To make the caramel sauce: put the sugar into a saucepan and leave to boil until it becomes a golden caramel - do not stir! Remove from the heat and stir in the cream. Allow to cool a little and then stir in the butter. Season to taste with sea salt. Set aside.
- Serve pancakes with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce along with fresh berries of your choice.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH PEAS, RADISHES AND MINT
Place the potatoes in a saucepan half filled with water and add 1 ta...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
CHOCOLATE PECAN BROWNIE TRIFLE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM CREAM
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe...
No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake Jars
For the biscuit base, melt the butter and crush the digestives in a...