For the pancake batter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 150ml whole milk
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 or 2 apples
For the caramel sauce
- 100g sugar
- 100ml cream
- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Fresh berries (eg blueberries or strawberries)
- Make the pancake batter by beating the egg with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Melt the butter and stir in the milk. Sieve the flour over the mixture and mix well. Leave the batter to rest.
- Peel the apples and remove cores with an apple corer. Slice into rings.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on the stove. Melt some butter in the pan and pour in some batter using a ladle to make a small pancake. Lay a slice of apple in the batter. When the edges of the pancake have browned, flip the pancake. Repeat until all the batter has been used and set the pancakes aside.
- To make the caramel sauce: put the sugar into a saucepan and leave to boil until it becomes a golden caramel - do not stir! Remove from the heat and stir in the cream. Allow to cool a little and then stir in the butter. Season to taste with sea salt. Set aside.
- Serve pancakes with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce along with fresh berries of your choice.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...
ROSEMARY, CRANBERRY AND CLEMENTINE BUTTER
METHOD: 1. Cream together the butter with all of the ingredients using the ba...
YELLOW CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
These classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting are fun and easy to...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
EASY ONE TRAY CHICKEN DINNER
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...