- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre of the bowl and break in the 2 eggs and add the butter in small pieces. Using an electric hand mixer beat all the ingredients together until combined.
- Add in half the milk/water and beat again until combined. You are looking for the batter to be light and creamy. Add the rest of the liquid if you need it- you may not.
- Add a drop or two of orange food colouring and mix through. Add further food colouring until you achieve your desired colour.
- Divide the batter evenly into the paper cases and place in an oven for 15-20 minutes or until firm and light brown on top.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before applying the decoration.
- Combine the egg whites and icing sugar in a medium-size mixing bowl and whip with an electric mixer on medium speed until opaque and shiny, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the lemon juice, this will thin out the icing. Beat for another couple of minutes until you reach a thin spreading consistency
- Once the cupcake has cooled, drizzle the thinly consisted royal icing over the top, allowing this to spill over the edges of the cupcake.
- Using a clean paintbrush, dab the melted chocolate on to each marshmallow to draw a ghoulish ghost face.
- Nestle your marshallow ghost on top of each iced cake while icing is still wet and leave to set.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
Pumpkin risotto with sage
They say the measure of a chef can be determined by a mastery of the fundamental...
Christmas Brownies with Cranberries and Mixed Spice
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm baking tin wit...
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
Christmas Cake in a Mug
Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until mel...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...