- For the cake:
- 350g whole wheat flour
- 200g of melted and cooled Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 250g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 250g sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 300g carrots, grated
- 4 eggs (M)
- For the icing:
- 100g icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice or water
- 75g pistachios, chopped
- 12 marzipan carrots for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform pan. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and then let it cool.
- Put the flour, almonds, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, salt and lemon zest in a bowl and stir thoroughly with a whisk.
- Now separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the egg yolks, butter, lemon juice and grated carrots to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until all the ingredients are moist. The dough is then still relatively heavy.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into finished dough.
- Pour the dough into the prepared baking dish, smooth it out and bake it on the middle shelf for about 45-55 minutes. Don't forget the stick test!
- Take the finished cake out of the oven and let cool in the tin for about 15 minutes. Then remove from the mould and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar with the water or lemon juice and pour over the cake. Decorate with chopped pistachios and marzipan carrots.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
If you're entertaining guests this Halloween then try out these deliciously crea...
SUMMER PASTA BAKE
Pre-heat your oven 200C Place a saucepan of water over a...
Kerrygold Strawberry Meringue Cake
Preheat the oven to 175c. Mix the butter, 125g sugar and...
Kerrygold Chicken Wings
Preparation time: 15 minutes Baking time: approx. 40-55 minutes Pr...
CHOCOLATE AND BLUEBERRY CAKE
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet of the puff p...