- For the cake:
- 350g whole wheat flour
- 200g of melted and cooled Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 250g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 250g sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 300g carrots, grated
- 4 eggs (M)
- For the icing:
- 100g icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice or water
- 75g pistachios, chopped
- 12 marzipan carrots for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform pan. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and then let it cool.
- Put the flour, almonds, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, salt and lemon zest in a bowl and stir thoroughly with a whisk.
- Now separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the egg yolks, butter, lemon juice and grated carrots to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until all the ingredients are moist. The dough is then still relatively heavy.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into finished dough.
- Pour the dough into the prepared baking dish, smooth it out and bake it on the middle shelf for about 45-55 minutes. Don't forget the stick test!
- Take the finished cake out of the oven and let cool in the tin for about 15 minutes. Then remove from the mould and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar with the water or lemon juice and pour over the cake. Decorate with chopped pistachios and marzipan carrots.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Christmas Turkey butters
Cream together the butter with all of the ingredients using the back...
Batter fish with cucumber and radish salad
For the Fish: or the beer batter, put the flour together with the b...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
EASY ONE TRAY CHICKEN DINNER
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...
Barbeque Shrimp ‘n’ Grits Asian Style
To prepare: Light the barbeque an hour before grilling to make sure it is nic...