- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/ Gas 4.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the Kerrygold butter and brown sugar together, scraping down the bowl throughout mixing.
- To this add the egg and vanilla. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, sieve the flour & baking powder.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Finally add the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Divide this dough into 16 balls and place on two lined baking trays and flatten slightly with a clean hand.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove and allow to cool on the tray.
- While cooling, for the buttercream, in a bowl beat the Kerrygold butter, icing sugar & vanilla essence until smooth and creamy. You will need to scrape down the bowl at different stages.
- Once the buttercream is ready, spread on the base of 8 cookies and top with another cookie and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Ultimate Crisp Sandwich
Cut the bread along its length and spread generously with the butter...
Irish Colcannon Shepard’s pie
This Irish Colcannon Shepherd’s Pie is a mash up of two Irish favori...
Halloween Monster Cookies
Start with the cream. Finely chop the chocolate and place in a bowl...
Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms with cheese
45 minutes is a long time to cook garlic but when you taste the resulting purée...
LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND IRISH BUTTER
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious an...
ONE PAN VEGGIE BREAKFAST
This is a brilliant vegetarian breakfast, all cooked in one pan for those lovely...