For the Umfino Pap
- 2 cups maize meal
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Soft Irish Butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup Kerrygold Mature Cheddar Cheese
For the Hearty Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 kg beef stew meat
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 beef stock cube
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger
- 2 tbsp hearty beef soupmix
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp curry powder
For the Umfino Pap1. To make the Umfino pap, bring three cups of water and stock to a boil in a pot. Mix the mealie meal with the water then add to the pot, stir well, cover and all cook for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the butter and vegetables (spinach and carrots) and cook for further 10 minutes
3. Stir in Kerrygold Mature Cheddar cheese and cook for further 3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
4. Serve with the Hearty Beef Stew
For the Hearty Beef Stew5. Season the beef with salt and pepper then seer in a hot pot.
6. Combine the beef, broth, garlic and ginger, beef soup mix and 1/2 cup of water and allow to simmer for 1-2 hours.
7. Mix the remaining water with cornstarch, tomato paste, curry powder and add to the stewed beef then cook until the gravy is thickened.
8. Serve with the Umfino Pap
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Grilled Pineapple with Chocolate Chilli Sauce and Minty Crème Fraiche
By Rozanne Stevens A simple recipe, yet qu...
Crispy Tuna Melt Triangles
This is a great recipe that can be made when there is nothing much in the fridge...
Cajun Potato Wedges
Perfect for a party or barbecue, this spicy appetizer will keep peckish guests h...
Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar Stuffed Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C then cut the loaf of bread in horizontal and verti...
Lamb Fillet on Carrot Pasta
Preheat the oven to 120°C. Rinse the lamb fillets, pat dry and remov...
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...