- Heat up the oven to 150°C (300°F), Gas Mark 2. Grease a 23cm x 33cm (9in x 13in) Swiss roll baking tin with butter. Blend the butter and caster sugar in a food processor until pale and fluffy.
- Add the sifted flour and cornflour and blend briefly, until thoroughly combined. Tip the mixture into the prepared baking tin and using floured hands, level the surface with a firm touch.
- Pierce the surface liberally with a fork but keep the surface level. Bake for 50-60 minutes but keep an eye on the oven. A uniform light golden colour is the rule of thumb. The trick is to not let it turn golden brown.
- Remove the shortbread from the oven and dredge generously with caster sugar. Leave for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, arrange on a large plate and present it on the table to tempt guests. This shortbread also makes a perfect partner to most desserts. When you master the recipe why not gift-wrap a batch for a friend.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
Brown Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Calling all brown butter fans! Just say no to plain roasted potatoes. These Bro...
MINI CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS By Donal Skehan
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.These mini chocolate ch...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rillettes make a ravis...