- Heat up the oven to 150°C (300°F), Gas Mark 2. Grease a 23cm x 33cm (9in x 13in) Swiss roll baking tin with butter. Blend the butter and caster sugar in a food processor until pale and fluffy.
- Add the sifted flour and cornflour and blend briefly, until thoroughly combined. Tip the mixture into the prepared baking tin and using floured hands, level the surface with a firm touch.
- Pierce the surface liberally with a fork but keep the surface level. Bake for 50-60 minutes but keep an eye on the oven. A uniform light golden colour is the rule of thumb. The trick is to not let it turn golden brown.
- Remove the shortbread from the oven and dredge generously with caster sugar. Leave for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, arrange on a large plate and present it on the table to tempt guests. This shortbread also makes a perfect partner to most desserts. When you master the recipe why not gift-wrap a batch for a friend.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rillettes make a ravis...
Mussels and tomato stew
Wash the mussels. Discard any damaged and open mussels....
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...