- Heat up the oven to 150°C (300°F), Gas Mark 2. Grease a 23cm x 33cm (9in x 13in) Swiss roll baking tin with butter. Blend the butter and caster sugar in a food processor until pale and fluffy.
- Add the sifted flour and cornflour and blend briefly, until thoroughly combined. Tip the mixture into the prepared baking tin and using floured hands, level the surface with a firm touch.
- Pierce the surface liberally with a fork but keep the surface level. Bake for 50-60 minutes but keep an eye on the oven. A uniform light golden colour is the rule of thumb. The trick is to not let it turn golden brown.
- Remove the shortbread from the oven and dredge generously with caster sugar. Leave for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, arrange on a large plate and present it on the table to tempt guests. This shortbread also makes a perfect partner to most desserts. When you master the recipe why not gift-wrap a batch for a friend.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Cajun Potato Wedges
Perfect for a party or barbecue, this spicy appetizer will keep peckish guests h...
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
Irish stew hot-pot
Cold Winter evenings, a peat fire and pot of stew. This recipe is a right of pas...
Braised Red Cabbage
Tantalize your tastebuds with this stunning side dish. It looks divine and it ta...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...