- For the puddings:
- 175g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped (70% cocoa solids)
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 30g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- For the snow icing:
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tbsp water, added gradually
- Fondant holly and berries, to decorate (optional)
- Icing sugar, to dust
- To make the snow icing gradually add a couple of drops of water at a time to your sifted icing sugar, stirring continuously. Do this by eye. If you don't need all the water, don't add it. When you reach a thick but spreadable consistency, it's ready to use. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Grease six mini pudding moulds and dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir through the chopped chocolate until melted.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until they become pale and thick.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture, then sift in the flour.
- Using a spatula, fold the mixture together until it is evenly combined.
- Place the greased pudding moulds on a baking sheet and divide the chocolate batter amongst them.
- Place in the oven on the middle shelf to cook for 12 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest for at least 1 minute.
- Run a mini spatula around the inside edges to loosen the puddings, invert onto plates and spoon a heaped tablespoon of icing snow over each one, then decorate with the holly and berries for an extra festive touch.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These delicious cookies can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons t...
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
Braised Red Cabbage
Tantalize your tastebuds with this stunning side dish. It looks divine and it ta...
Mussels and tomato stew
Wash the mussels. Discard any damaged and open mussels....