- ½ small bulb fennel with leafy tops
- ¼ stale ciabatta loaf, crust removed
- 1 handful pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
- 1 handful fresh chives & parsley, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50g (2 oz) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 8 slices pancetta or dry-cured smoked bacon rashers
- 4 fresh mackerels, gutted, scaled and filleted
- 4 rosemary twigs
- First remove the leafy tops and stalk from the fennel. Halve the fennel bulb and chop finely.
- Whiz up the ciabatta into coarse breadcrumbs in a food processor and put the crumbs into a bowl with the fennel, pine nuts, walnuts, chives & parsley. Season well and mix in the melted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/ Gas Mark 7. On a clean board, lay out the pancetta. Place a mackerel skin side down at right angles to the pancetta. Stuff the mackerel pouch with some of the breadcrumb mix and then wrap the pancetta around the fish and hold it in place with a rosemary twig. Repeat this process with the remaining fish and place them in an ovenproof dish. Roast the fish at the top of the preheated oven for 10 -15 minutes or until the fish has started to crisp.
- Serve with a rocket salad & a juicy wedge of lemon.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Pumpkin risotto with sage
They say the measure of a chef can be determined by a mastery of the fundamental...
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
This impressive but simple chocolate cake ticks all the boxes for Easter enterta...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...