- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Cream the butter and sugar together until you get a light and fluffy consistency
- Add the eggs into this mixture, one by one. Ensure to incorporate each egg before adding the next
- Next, sieve in the flour and the baking powder. Fold through the wet mixture making sure not to over mix
- Add a splash of milk to bind the ingredients, then transfer the mixture into an eight inch lined tin
- Bake the mixture for 35 minutes
- When the cake has cooled, split the sponge along the equator into two halves and smear the bottom half with raspberry jam
- Top the jam with freshly whipped cream and place the top half of the sponge back on
- Finally, dust the cake with icing sugar and decorate with fresh raspberries and edible flowers
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Simply delicious and creative. The perfect treat for your family this Halloween...
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND IRISH BUTTER
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious an...
ROSEMARY, CRANBERRY AND CLEMENTINE BUTTER
METHOD: 1. Cream together the butter with all of the ingredients using the ba...
ROAST PORK WITH APPLE and BLACKBERRIES
Pre-heat the oven to 220°C In a large bowl combine ap...