- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Cream the butter and sugar together until you get a light and fluffy consistency
- Add the eggs into this mixture, one by one. Ensure to incorporate each egg before adding the next
- Next, sieve in the flour and the baking powder. Fold through the wet mixture making sure not to over mix
- Add a splash of milk to bind the ingredients, then transfer the mixture into an eight inch lined tin
- Bake the mixture for 35 minutes
- When the cake has cooled, split the sponge along the equator into two halves and smear the bottom half with raspberry jam
- Top the jam with freshly whipped cream and place the top half of the sponge back on
- Finally, dust the cake with icing sugar and decorate with fresh raspberries and edible flowers
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Cajun Potato Wedges
Perfect for a party or barbecue, this spicy appetizer will keep peckish guests h...
Hazelnut Toffee Buttercrunch
Shane Smith's hazelnut toffee buttercrunch recipe serves 8 - 10. Pr...
Christmas Turkey butters
Cream together the butter with all of the ingredients using the back...
CARROT CAKE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM ICING
Preheat the oven to 180°C and oil and line a 13 x 23cm loaf tin with greaseproo...
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...
Peanut butter brownies
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F Butter and line a 9...