- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Cream the butter and sugar together until you get a light and fluffy consistency
- Add the eggs into this mixture, one by one. Ensure to incorporate each egg before adding the next
- Next, sieve in the flour and the baking powder. Fold through the wet mixture making sure not to over mix
- Add a splash of milk to bind the ingredients, then transfer the mixture into an eight inch lined tin
- Bake the mixture for 35 minutes
- When the cake has cooled, split the sponge along the equator into two halves and smear the bottom half with raspberry jam
- Top the jam with freshly whipped cream and place the top half of the sponge back on
- Finally, dust the cake with icing sugar and decorate with fresh raspberries and edible flowers
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with cheese
Our national treasure deserves a revival every now and again. Looking back to by...
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform p...
CHOCOLATE AND BLUEBERRY CAKE
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce
A sweet tooth is not a weakness. It’s a gift. Especially when you’re armed w...