- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan; set aside
- Combine the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and dry yeast.
- Heat half of the water and all of the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until lukewarm. Stir the warm milk into the dry ingredients. Use your hands to mix the dough until it comes away cleanly from the sides of the bowl.
- Sprinkle a clean work surface with flour, and turn out the dough. Knead for about 10 minutes, until velvety smooth and elastic. Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook for 7 minutes. Roll the dough into an oblong shape that will fit snugly in your loaf pan.
- Put the dough in the pan, and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Put the pan in a warm, draft-free place and let rise for 30 minutes, until the dough has risen to the top of the tin.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (220°C).
- Discard the plastic wrap, and lightly dust the top of the loaf with flour. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the top of the bread is golden brown.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
French toast with peaches and bacon
Paul Flynn's French Toast recipe requires ripe peaches, crisp streaky bacon, sof...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...
KERRYGOLD EASTER TRAYBAKE
To begin, place the butter and the chocolate in h...
CHOCOLATE AND BLUEBERRY CAKE
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....