- For the filling;
- 500g Skinless & Boneless Chicken thighs, diced
- 150g Thick Cut Cooked Ham, diced
- 2 Leeks, slice 2cm thick
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 300ml Chicken Stock
- 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Handful of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- For the Pastry;
- 100g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 220g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Cold Water
- 1 Egg beaten, to glaze
- In a heavy bottomed frying fan heat the olive oil before frying the diced chicken thighs over a medium high heat until beginning to brown. Add the torn/diced ham along with the leeks and saute for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir through the plain flour and mustard powder and cook out for 2 minutes before pouring in the stock gradually whilst stirring followed by the milk. Simmer on medium for 5 minutes until thickened, stir through the thyme and set aside.
- In a food processor or using fingertips crumble the butter, flour and salt together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, add a little water at a time until it comes together to form a dough. Leave to rest in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken and ham filling into a suitable pie dish or oven tray. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin. Lay the pastry over the filling pinching the edges against the walls of the tray. Cut a steam vent in the centre and glaze with the beaten egg. Bake for 30-40 mins until bubbling and golden.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet of the puff p...
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform p...
Melt your butter and add it to a shallow bowl. Mix in crushed garlic...