- 200g pasta shells, (conchiglie, penne, or macaroni)
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large aubergine, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 12 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 lemon, zest
- 55g melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 100g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 90g cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven 200C
- Place a saucepan of water over a high heat and bring to the boil, season with sea salt. When the water is boiling, reduce to simmer and stir in the pasta shells. After 5 minutes, when the pasta is still al dente, remove from the heat and drain the pasta.
- Place a skillet or frying pan over a medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil, follow by adding the garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the aubergine and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, capers and pasta and mix until all the ingredients have combined in the pan.
- Mix together the finely grated cheddar, chopped almonds, melted butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the pasta until it’s completely covered.
- Put the pasta into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is bubbling and crispy.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Christmassy Cookie Butter Truffles
Get creative this festive season with the ideal Christmas gift for loved ones!...
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Farmette’s Milk Bread
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
If you’re crazy about salted caramel, you will love this indulgent dessert rec...