- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4. Prep a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Then put to one side to cool.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda to a freestanding mixer with the paddle attached and let the machine do the work on a low speed. Alternatively, use a bowl and handheld mixer.
- Pour the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract into the flour mixture and beat together until it combines nicely.
- Add the melted but cooled butter and beat until the butter has just been incorporated. Then turn up to the tempo to a medium speed and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries until evenly dispersed. Divide up the muffin mixture among the paper cases, filling each one two-thirds full and bake for 20 minutes or until they turn that perfect golden brown colour. There’s a little trick to test muffins. If the muffin bounces back when touched, it’s perfect. Not convinced? Insert a skewer into the middle and it should come out clean.
- To serve, wrap up in greaseproof paper for picnics and packed lunches or arrange in a pyramid on the table and see how long they last.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Linguine with Prawns
Starring in our Memories in the Making TV advert, this simple easy dish is on...
Braised Red Cabbage
Tantalize your tastebuds with this stunning side dish. It looks divine and it ta...
BUTTER CHICKEN MASALA
Much of the unique flavour of this curry depends on using the best quality butte...
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Pancakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
Salted caramel has been popping up in recipes a lot lately, but have you ever tr...