- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4. Prep a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Then put to one side to cool.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda to a freestanding mixer with the paddle attached and let the machine do the work on a low speed. Alternatively, use a bowl and handheld mixer.
- Pour the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract into the flour mixture and beat together until it combines nicely.
- Add the melted but cooled butter and beat until the butter has just been incorporated. Then turn up to the tempo to a medium speed and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries until evenly dispersed. Divide up the muffin mixture among the paper cases, filling each one two-thirds full and bake for 20 minutes or until they turn that perfect golden brown colour. There’s a little trick to test muffins. If the muffin bounces back when touched, it’s perfect. Not convinced? Insert a skewer into the middle and it should come out clean.
- To serve, wrap up in greaseproof paper for picnics and packed lunches or arrange in a pyramid on the table and see how long they last.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Sizzling Prawns with chilli & butter
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
Garlic-Butter Fried Chicken
Melt your butter and add it to a shall...
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
GRILLED PEACHES with pistachio brittle & Greek yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...
Wash potatoes thoroughly. Cook in boiling salted water with cumin for...