- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4. Prep a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Then put to one side to cool.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda to a freestanding mixer with the paddle attached and let the machine do the work on a low speed. Alternatively, use a bowl and handheld mixer.
- Pour the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract into the flour mixture and beat together until it combines nicely.
- Add the melted but cooled butter and beat until the butter has just been incorporated. Then turn up to the tempo to a medium speed and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries until evenly dispersed. Divide up the muffin mixture among the paper cases, filling each one two-thirds full and bake for 20 minutes or until they turn that perfect golden brown colour. There’s a little trick to test muffins. If the muffin bounces back when touched, it’s perfect. Not convinced? Insert a skewer into the middle and it should come out clean.
- To serve, wrap up in greaseproof paper for picnics and packed lunches or arrange in a pyramid on the table and see how long they last.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Easy One Tray Chicken Dinner
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit...
Strawberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Home Sweet Home is all the sweeter with freshly baked Victorian sponge cake. Tra...
Loaded Baked Eggs
Savour weekend brunches with this easy to prepare recipe. Method:...