- 12 Whole king shrimp (left in their shell)
- 2 Punnets baby corn
- Irish rapeseed oil or olive oil for grilling
- For the grits:
- 50g of Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 250g of quick cook polenta
- 400g of coconut milk
- 600ml of Water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Kerrygold Irish Chilli Lime Butter Sauce:
- 200g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 Fresh red chilli (sliced)
- 4 Scallions (sliced)
- 50g Fresh coriander stalks and leaves (finely sliced)
- 3 Pickled red or green Jalapeno (optional)
- Fresh Lime 2-3 limes juiced
- To Garnish:
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Grated lime zest
- Hot Sauce
- Lime Wedges
- Melt the butter in a pan or wok large enough to toss the shrimp and corn once barbequed
- Add in the fresh chilli, scallions, fresh coriander and pickled jalapenos and allow to slightly cook for 2-3 minutes then squeeze in the lime juice
- Heat the coconut milk and water in a pot until just simmering
- Slowly add the polenta whisking continuously to prevent lumps
- When smooth. Add the butter and whisk again
- Season with salt then take off the heat, cover and leave aside while you barbeque
- You may need to re heat and possibly add more liquid when you come to plating up as the grits may start to solidify if left for a while
- Coat the shrimp and the corn lightly in the oil and place onto a hot grill
- Cook the shrimp for around 5 minutes per side until nicely charred but still nice and juicy
- The corn just needs to be well coloured to give a smoky popcorn flavour with the finishing butter sauce
- Check your grits and add more hot water while whisking to bring them back to life if necessary, its up to you how to serve them once they are seasoned well you can use them to mop up the juices later
- Add the cooked shrimp and corn to the butter sauce and stir gently to coat, you can very gently press the heads of the prawns with a spoon to release the juices for an amazing seafood flavour in your sauce
- Spoon the grits onto the plate, top with the barbequed shrimp and corn and spoon over the Kerrygold Chilli lime Butter Sauce, drizzle with hot sauce and finish with grated lime zest, lime wedges & toasted sesame seeds
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Halloween Monster Cookies
Start with the cream. Finely chop the chocolate and place in a bowl...
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH PEAS, RADISHES AND MINT
Place the potatoes in a saucepan half filled with water and add 1 ta...
LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND IRISH BUTTER
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious an...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
Rasberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Home Sweet Home is all the sweeter with freshly baked Victorian sponge cake. Tra...