- 225g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 large free range eggs
- 3tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self raising flour
- about 3 tablespoons of milk to loosen batter
- 1 jar of good quality raspberry jam
- 250ml double cream
- Dusting of icing sugar
- A generous handful of fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Then grease and line 2 x 20cm springform tins.
- To make a heavenly light sponge, use your stand alone mixer to cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs one by one before adding a dash of the vanilla extract. Fold in the flour with a spatula until you have a smooth mixture. And here’s a little trick: to make the mixture loose, simply add a splash of milk.
- Divide the mixture into the two springform tins, and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake in the oven until it's nice and golden or for 20 minutes to be precise. When the sponge is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before you take them out of the tins.
- While the bases are cooling prepare the filling by whipping the double cream. To assemble the cake, spread some raspberry jam on one base before topping it up with cream. Then add the second base, sprinkle with icing sugar and top with some fresh raspberries. Et voilà, a summer masterpiece to send you off down memory lane.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white ...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of ...
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...
Pumpkin risotto with sage
They say the measure of a chef can be determined by a mastery of the fundamental...