- ½ small bulb fennel with leafy tops
- ¼ stale ciabatta loaf, crust removed
- 1 handful pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
- 1 handful fresh chives & parsley, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50g (2 oz) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 8 slices pancetta or dry-cured smoked bacon rashers
- 4 fresh mackerels, gutted, scaled and filleted
- 4 rosemary twigs
- First remove the leafy tops and stalk from the fennel. Halve the fennel bulb and chop finely.
- Whiz up the ciabatta into coarse breadcrumbs in a food processor and put the crumbs into a bowl with the fennel, pine nuts, walnuts, chives & parsley. Season well and mix in the melted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/ Gas Mark 7. On a clean board, lay out the pancetta. Place a mackerel skin side down at right angles to the pancetta. Stuff the mackerel pouch with some of the breadcrumb mix and then wrap the pancetta around the fish and hold it in place with a rosemary twig. Repeat this process with the remaining fish and place them in an ovenproof dish. Roast the fish at the top of the preheated oven for 10 -15 minutes or until the fish has started to crisp.
- Serve with a rocket salad & a juicy wedge of lemon.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over. ...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of ...
Shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
Hibernate through the winter with a classic dish that never gets old-fashioned. ...
Salmon Rillettess with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rittetes make a ravish...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...